Easy Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf Recipe | Straightforward to prepare and … while it’s an existing recipe – it is a superb recipe. Now, obviously you could make your brown gravy; becoming an old school recipe … I had been thinking I’d endure original simply by using a jar or package mix. Where this came from – a compact Church Cookbook from years ago. But, Probably this same recipe is on countless websites plus countless cookbooks. Awesome meatloaf! Furthermore subbed milk for the stream, nevertheless it proved awesome. Had leftovers with eggs enjoying, where I found that meatloaf and peppered country gravy is the newest ideal thing I ever had. Doubt I’ll ever are able to eat meatloaf again without
I’m shocked after asking my Grandmother for her lipton onion soup meatloaf recipe – that it was this! Great, though we add milk as an option to water, and 1 Tbsp of mustard too.
Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf
I wouldn’t like meatloaf but I made the decision to do it and absolutely loved it…We’re going to definitely to have to make it can
WOW! Very moist indeed. I think that we had to cook ours for about 1:15, but it came out yummy! Added a little extra ketchup on top before cooking. Served with steamed broccoli and butter-baked diced red potatoes (a little high in fat/calories). This meal will make its way back onto the table soon.
Minutes to Prepare: 5
Minutes to Cook: 60
Number of Servings: 8
- 2 pounds ground beef (you can use all beef, or a mix of beef, veal, pork, or turkey)
- 1 envelope (1 1/4 ounce) dry onion soup mix (Recipe Secrets Lipton Onion Soup & Dip Mix, it used to be called Lipton Onion Soup Mix)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs (extra large or large eggs, beaten)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (plain dry bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounce) beef gravy (or 1 pkg gravy mix)
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- Meatloaf … Add the Onion Soup Mix to a large bowl along with the ketchup, eggs, bread crumbs, milk, and water. Mix well to combine. Then add the meat and gently mix until combined with the other ingredients; over mixing can create a dense tough meatloaf.
- Bake … I prefer to free form on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil, but you can always use a loaf pan. Bake on the middle shelf at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hr. This will depend on what type of pan you cook the meatloaf in. A free form loaf usually cooks quicker than one in a loaf pan.
- Topping … If using a jar gravy, add the ketchup and gravy to a small pot and reheat on medium low heat. You can also use a package mix, follow the package directions, and add the ketchup at the end of cooking.
- About 15 minutes before the loaf is done, spoon on a little of the gravy on top of the loaf, then finish cooking in the oven. The rest over the gravy will be poured over the top when you serve it. Also, if you prefer to use your favorite tomato based sauce, please do so.
- Serve … Remove from the loaf pan or baking sheet, cover, and let it rest a few minutes before slicing. Then top with the remaining gravy, slice, and ENJOY!
Number of Servings: 8