Jason’s Deli Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe – Lets hope everyone stood a lovely holiday and you were able to appreciate it with loved ones. I sure enjoyed the relaxation and free time. After a few days of sleeping in, the alarm going off yesterday morning at 5:55 had not been the greatest feeling inside world. If you noticed, due to the celebrations , the blog took this quick break – we do hope you didn’t miss me an excessive amount of 😉
Chicken Noodle Soup
Today, I’m sharing along an antique chicken noodle soup recipe. This recipe is in fact Jason’s own creations. I felt it had been appropriate to express this now because I understand there are several those people who are sick and friend’s children that are sick, etc. It’s basically open and variety than to get a piping hot pot of your around the stove? It’s extremely comforting and it truly does temporarily soothe whatever ailments you might have – a minimum of in my situation it did.
I found themselves getting really sick between July or August. Amongst those. I had an awful sore throat and felt like complete crud. The expression getting run over by way of truck suited me perfectly. The minute we were home from work, Jason laughed and said to consider a load off and go require a nap. I aroused from sleep one or two hours later to the most beautiful smell coming from the kitchen. He previously had cooked up a huge pot of homemade chicken soup. Now, this may appear bias, but I swear it isn’t, however, after my first initial sip, I deemed it the top chicken noodle soup I’ve ever had. Even through my stuffy nose, I can taste it. It absolutely was etc point. Campbell’s chicken noodle soup better be prepared – Wampler’s chicken noodle soup is comin’for ya 😉
Anytime I am sick, Jason makes this for me. It’s really comforting has it’s created using love by a loved one just really says it all. We do hope you all could possibly get warm with this particular soup this winter, sick or otherwise not!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 40 mins
Yields 4 -6
The classic chicken noodle soup to help you feel better!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 5 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed into 2″ squares
- 1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 oz egg noodles
- In a large stockpot, melt butter then sauté onion, carrots, and celery until soft and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken in and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken has mostly cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock, water, dried sage, salt, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then let simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add in the egg noodles.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve hot.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.