Healthy Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Recipe – I write this post and cooked this meal from my old condo in LA, the condo that I used to share with my sis. It had been brand spanking new once we moved alongside just the perfect kitchen you’ll be able to imagine. I had been nervous that about this quick trip, only 3 1/2 days that I wouldn’t get a chance to cook at all here. If we decided that I’d cook on Sunday night and something of my pals would come over, Specialists my sis and her BF what we wanted. They were not too helpful at the beginning, but I a mini-meltdown explaining that Need to determine dinner ALL THE TIME, so they to cooperate with me. At least convert it into a conversation, right? Eggplant Parmesan was requested, nonetheless AC is about the fritz and objective standing while in front of protein and flipping on the oven was beyond unappealing. Even so I remembered the gorgeous grill up on the top deck. In lieu of frying on the Eggplant I really could grill it, in effect making an entire dish more healthy. But there was still an entire baking thing. But why can’t you bake about the grill, it’s basically everything you do if you cook with indirect heat. So I made the choice to test it out.
Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
I could not be happier with the way this turned out. Far less oily than my standard recipe and grilling everything allowed will be able to be up on the top which has a glass of wint with everyone and socializing. Toss in some pasta and a brand new salad and we got a delicious dinner! The very idea of baking about the grill has opened a new world up in my opinion for when I am back TO, in the high temperature of summer if you have a moratorium in my oven. I am unable to wait to realize it more!
- 1 large eggplant (1 1/2 pounds), peeled and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 4 large plum tomatoes, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1/3 cup chopped green olives
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped oil-packed Calabrian chiles or other hot chiles
- 1/4 cup finely shredded basil, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 celcius and heat a grill pan. Brush the eggplant and tomato slices with olive oil and season lightly with salt. Grill the eggplant in batches over moderately high heat, turning once, until softened and lightly charred, about 4 minutes. Grill the tomatoes, turning once, until lightly charred but still intact, about 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the olives, chiles and shredded basil. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In the center, arrange half of the eggplant in a 9-inch square, overlapping the slices slightly. Top with half of the grilled tomatoes, olive mixture and Fontina. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, ending with the cheese.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 15 minutes, until bubbling and golden. Let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with basil leaves and serve with crusty bread.