How to Make Shrimp Cocktail with Frozen Shrimp – Food Recipe permits you to select countless authentic Food recipes. Be able to easily prepare and cook original FoodRecipe -style family meals with aid from south Louisiana’s FoodRecipe cook and connoisseur, Jacques Gaspard, who’s been preparing great FoodRecipe meals for a number of decades. Create the best gumbos, seafood, jambalaya, stews,, salads and deserts – that were originally prepared. Besides great original recipes, you will see a hodgepodge of stories, recordings, music, videos and humorous anecdotes to entertain. So enjoy! Remember to tell each of your friends and family about FoodRecipe Cooking. They may appreciate it.
Shrimp Cocktail with Frozen Shrimp
8 to 10 Servings
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 onion, quartered
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds large uncooked, unpeeled shrimp
- Fill a large pot three-quarters full with water; squeeze juice from lemon halves into pot and add lemon halves. Add onion and next 3 ingredients to pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium; simmer for 5 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Add shrimp; cook until just opaque in center, 2-3 minutes. Drain and transfer shrimp to a large bowl of ice water; let cool. Drain again. Peel; devein, leaving tails intact. DO AHEAD Shrimp can be poached 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Arrange shrimp over a bed of ice. Serve with Classic Cocktail Sauce and Lemon-Tarragon Vinaigrette.
- For 20 people, buy 4 pound shrimp. For 30, buy 6 pound shrimp. Cook in batches. Place some shrimp on a platter of ice; refrigerate the rest for replenishing.