Gluten Free Apple Cake Recipes Easy – Incredibly easy apple cake, made with homemade or store bought cake mix (gluten free or not), applesauce and the perfect spices. Fall perfection! It’s time for gluten free apple recipes that may knock your gluten free apple baking socks off. I give you … this addictive gluten free apple cake. You’re welcome, and I’m terribly sorry. But mostly, you’re welcome.
If you live in a hour’s drive of apple trees this time of year, you’re going to be arriving with a apples. Even although you don’t go apple-picking. Since I assume you have at the least some neighbors, you’ll have apples. If nothing else, apples will undoubtedly be the least expensive, best-looking fruit at the grocery store. So we’d better reach work putting them to good use!
Gluten Free Apple Cake
This easy gluten free apple cake is crazy an easy task to throw together, even though you make your own applesauce (which I actually do regularly, since I’ve got to more apples and my neighbors see me coming a distance away). I don’t even add any sugar to my applesauce once the apples are very fresh. I actually do add ground cinnamon or apple pie spice (which is mainly cinnamon – see the DIY apple pie spice below).
I don’t know why this cake works. I actually do know so it does. And that it is almost pudding-like inside. I don’t know much, but I understand that. If you do not want to make it, maybe I simply don’t know you like I thought I did.
Here is the sort of recipe that’s just really easy that, when you’re ready to place it in the oven after significantly less than 5 minutes of prep, you double and triple check the recipe—just to be sure you didn’t miss a step.
Whatever you do to make this amazing cake is mix applesauce (store-bought or homemade) with sweetened condensed milk (again, store-bought or homemade), eggs, a bit of sugar, plenty of apple pie spice. Add about 1/3 of a package (store-bought or homemade with my recipe) of vanilla cake mix, mix to mix and pour in to a square baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the dry cake mix in an even layer on the top, accompanied by the melted butter. Pop it in the oven. That’s it.
The effect is a moist and impossibly tender, custard-like bottom apple cake layer topped with a shortbread style top. And, naturally, a home that has the scent of heaven and a cheering family!
Gluten Free Apple Cake Recipes Easy
Preparation time: 1 hour
- 2 cups apples, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup partially refined sugar (brown)
- 1/4 cup oil, preferably olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup white or brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour or arrowroot flour (paniphal)
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Oil for greasing cake tin
- Place apples in a bowl, cover with sugar and stir. Let it stand for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180 degreeC/350F/gas mark 4 and grease an 8″ cake tin. Mix remaining ingredients into bowl containing apples, in the order given. Stir well.
- Spoon batter into lightly greased cake tin. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Test if done: a skewer inserted in the cenre should come out clean. Bake for a few minutes longer, if required. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Decoration: To give a special look, slice apples and arrange them on top of cake before baking.