Healthy Chicken and Arugula Salad
Healthy Chicken and Arugula Salad Ingredients :
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-5 sprigs Italian parsley, thyme or oregano, tied together
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted pecans
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or taste
- Fresh cracked pepper
Healthy Chicken and Arugula Salad Direction :
- Rinse off the chicken breasts. Fill a medium stockpot with water and add the herbs, bay leaf, garlic, salt and peppercorns. Bring water into a boil and add the chicken breasts.
- Return water into a boil and lower heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from the high temperature, cover that has a lid and maintain your chicken in the new water for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from water and cut into large bite-size pieces. Reserve to cool.
- Inside a large bowl, combine the arugula, pecans, bell pepper and chicken. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the organic extra-virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, brown sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing within the salad ingredients and toss to coat. Chill and serve.