Red Broccoli Salad
Red Broccoli Salad Ingredients
- 2 pounds bacon
- 1 large head fresh broccoli, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
Red Broccoli Salad Directions :
- Place bacon in a big skillet. Cook, turning frequently, over medium high temperature until evenly browned. Cool, and then crumble.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Spread slivered almonds on a dessert sheet. Bake for approximately 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once during toasting. Cool.
- In a tiny bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, combine broccoli, crumbled bacon, celery, green onions, red onions, grapes, and toasted almonds. Toss with mayonnaise dressing. Chill for many hours in the refrigerator.