Ham and Potato Soup Recipe Pioneer Woman | FoodRecipe.us – For those of you who have made a ham for Christmas yesterday, I suggest storing the bone, so you can make this ultimate ham soup. I first got this soup two years ago and I was so amazed how to actually get the Hammon! In recent years, I would throw them in the trash, but the rest of Hambon is actually a gold mine. ham and potato soup crock pot
With a simple homemade ham stock, you could have a cozy, hearty soup with ingredients that you already hand on. Once you blend the flavors, this soup is wonderfully sweet and comfortable with pieces of ham in every bite! It is the perfect leftover soup without wasting the bones. And this is sure to be a hit with the whole family. My 3 year old nephew devoured this for lunch at school! ham and potato soup with ham bone
Ham and Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 leftover hambone
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups leftover diced ham
- Place leftover hambone in a large stockpot or Dutch oven and add enough water to cover the bone halfway, about 6-7 cups. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until very fragrant, about 30 minutes to 1 hour; remove and discard hambone.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and potato. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in ham stock, beans, corn, thyme and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in ham until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Maybe this is our review of food was very tasty recipe is titled Ham and Potato Soup Recipe Pioneer Woman or delicious ham and potato soup , if you’ve tried it at home, please comment below.