Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole with Rice Recipe | FoodRecipe.us – Bored by your usual home dish? Today we’re picking up chicken cordon bleu casserole with rice recipes from our food network to share. I and my college friends have tried this recipe for dinner few days ago. They’re so creamy, creamy and so delicious. But we add up 1 more cups of chopped ham and 1 more cups of cooked rice, I don’t feel like 2 cups was enough. We also add up some salted prawn for extra dish. They’re so easy and fast to make. Feel free to enjoy this classic Chicken cordon bleu casserole with your own style and ingredients. Definitely will make this one again next time.
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole with Rice Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 20 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken stock (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (6 oz)
- 3/4 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 10-inch round baking dish with olive oil; set aside.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until tender and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add flour; stir to make a roux. Cook roux 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Gradually beat in stock with whisk, followed by milk, and simmer until slightly thickened into a gravy.
- In large bowl, mix chicken, gravy, ham, rice and 1 cup of the cheese. Spread evenly in baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs and butter to coat well. Add remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Top casserole with bread crumb mixture; bake about 20 minutes or until top is crisp and golden and casserole is bubbling.
Some use full tips:
- Freshly cooked rice or leftover rice work well in this dish.
- You can use any cheese you like for this–Swiss is the classic choice, but Cheddar or Jack are also great!
- Unseasoned bread crumbs also work for this dish…
And that’s all for today’s recipe about allrecipes Chicken cordon bleu casserole with rice, please leave some commends and let us know if you already make it at home.